Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Catching up...

I've been stupid busy as of late, and haven't had much free time to write, play, or think.

I suppose that is probably the biggest obstacle when it comes to mastering ST. Time. I want to believe that I'm starting just too late in my years to be reasonably decent, but I know that it's just a cop out excuse for not trying hard enough. Even though some of the points are very valid: I'm not a kid anymore. Learning is still easy, but the process is different... more time consuming. I also have a job, family, and friends; not to say others don't have those things, or that I didn't have them before, but those things have become a higher priority. Back in the old days, most of my friends played 3rd Strike, so it was a twofer to hang out. That isn't the case anymore.

The worst part is I wasn't even conscious that a week had passed since I had last logged into GGPO. It flew by so fast, and just didn't register. On my way home from another 13 hour work day it dawned on me: "Holy Shit, I need to practice for 2 old 2 furious." I reluctantly logged in and played a quick session. Did pretty decently, but couldn't focus. I'm just too tired.

Before I go, I want to say that the responses I got on No Honor Crew about my GGPO question last time were astounding. The opinions were all over the place. I was able to extract some very good points about the service. Mainly for matchup practice. What's interesting is that there is about equal part love and hate for GGPO, but most have just accepted it as a necessary accessory, even if it doesn't function quite as well as they'd like.

I've been trying to work out time on GGPO to train with Damdai, but given our schedules it hasn't worked out yet. I'm excited to report how it goes, once it's happened. but honestly, I don't know when that will be. Work for me won't be letting up for quite a while... but I'll try my best to make time for him.

-Faka

No comments:

Post a Comment